St Mark’s Primary Teachers Training College is situated in Manyatta Division of Embu County. It is located 14 Km from Embu Town and only 4 Km from the Embu – Meru Road junction on the southern slopes of Mount Kenya that offers a conducive climate for learning and also a high altitude training area for our National Athletics team and a host to many self sponsored athletes of international repute. COLLEGE HISTORY The college was started in 1910 by the Church Missionary Society as a training centre for catechists and evangelists. Eventually, it became a place for the introduction of innovative ideas in agriculture and social welfare. In 1935 the missionary society started a normal school which trained a small number of P4, P3, and P2 primary school teachers. After independence in 1964 the college was converted to a public teachers’ training college. Its population has grown over time to the current 1,250 students, 527 being male and 723 being female. They are all enrolled for a P1 teacher training course, making us one of the largest public primary teacher training colleges in the Republic of Kenya.