Lenana School is a high school in Nairobi, Kenya. It was formed in 1949 by colonial governor Philip Euen Mitchell, known then as the Duke of York School (the actual bell from HMS Duke of York (17) can still be seen mounted at the front school parade ground between the school chapel and the hall).
The first students were briefly housed at the then British colonial Governors House which is the current State House as they waited for the schools completion. The founding principal/headmaster was R.H. James. The school was renamed Lenana School in 1967 after the legendary Laibon Lenana who was the central human figure in the Maasai religious system and ruled around the end of the 19th century through to the early 20th century.